Shared ownership

Own your own home

 

All our properties are now sold or reserved, but we are holding a waiting list for any future sales. Please contact us for more information.

 

Older Persons Shared Ownership (OPSO) means you can buy a share in a property on a part buy and part rent basis. Applicants could be buying for the first time but more usually will be existing owner occupiers’ who find their present home has become difficult to manage either financially or physically.

Purchasers can buy a maximum 75% share in the property at market value. The lease is for 125 years on initial sale.

Shared Ownership (75% share available but other options may be available)

1-bed apartments from £93,750 (13 apartments available)

 

From 1st April 2017

Indicative service charge

£212.09 per month  (eligible for housing benefit)

Plus heating and hot water charge

£43 per month (not eligible for housing benefit). Each apartment will have a water meter and bill.

Support charge

£139 per month (not eligible for housing benefit)

Building insurance

£11.14 per month

 

Total charges for 1 bed £405.23 per month

Audit charge £4.00 to be introduced in year 2

A maximum 75% can be owned and there is no facility to purchase the remaining 25% as this will always be retained by Karbon Homes to ensure that the property is resold to people meeting the criteria for the scheme.

To be eligible to buy a property at Weavers’ Court, you must be aged 55 and over and you or your partner must have housing or recognised care needs.